hnalogo.jpg (103481 bytes)

 

Hugo Neighborhood Association & Historical Society

Home
Up
Old Sexton House
1908 Hugo Students
Old Pacific Highway
Ludwick Family
Three Pines School
Quartz Creek School
Mt. Sexton Lookout
WildWood Service Station & Auto Court
Oxyoke Service Station
Hick's Auto Camp / Court Conway's
Mt. Sexton Garage & Auto Camp

 

WILDWOOD SERVICE STATION & AUTO COURT

Wildwood Service Station and Auto Court was located on old U.S. 99 (currently Monument Dr.) near Red Mountain Drive, Hugo, Oregon.   The Malisch family purchased it in 1946.

The Malisch family moved to Three Pines in February of 1946 following World War II.  The Wildwood Service Station on U.S. 99 became their home and business.  Bannister Creek went through the back part of the Malisch's property.  The service station had gravity gas pumps and was located on 10 acres of land when the Malischs first arrived.  It was a mom and pop store with six cabins, two doubles and four singles.  The service station had a garage and two big swings on either side of the main structure.

(Article written by Mike Walker)

(Photos courtesy of Harold Malisch)

Wild Wood Auto Court 001.jpg (744862 bytes)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wild Wood Auto Court 004.jpg (613408 bytes)

Wild Wood Auto Court 006.jpg (417057 bytes)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wild wood Auto Court 007.jpg (414950 bytes)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wild Wood Bus Stop.jpg (475213 bytes)        

             Harold Malisch.jpg (73501 bytes)

 

Back to Top

2012 Hugo Neighborhood Association & Historical Society